ComicVid aims to help aspiring creators get their comics published, build their audience and connect with millions of readers around the world.
The Terms of Service (as defined below) and ComicVid’s app, Services (as defined below) and platforms are intended only for residents of Singapore (the "Permitted Jurisdiction"). No action has been taken by ComicVid which would amount to offering ComicVid’s app, Services or platforms in or from any other jurisdiction, except in circumstances which will result in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations and will not impose any obligation on ComicVid.
If you are not a resident of a Permitted Jurisdiction, you acknowledge that this app is not intended for you to download. If you wish to access ComicVid’s app, Services or platforms, please write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value your interest and support and will work on making ComicVid available to you as soon as we can.
2. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up to date version (found here). ComicVid may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service at any time. Modifications and revisions will take effect 7 days after they have been posted. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights.
3. Whether you are using our Services by yourself on behalf of a business, both you and that business accepts these Terms of Service. You and/or that business will hold harmless and indemnify ComicVid and its officers, agents, employees and related entities from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees.
1. These Terms of Service apply to all users of ComicVid's Services, including users who are also contributors of Content to the Service. "Content" includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other Content you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of any ComicVid product, including but not limited to software and services offered via the ComicVid app, ComicVid website, share, subscribe and embed features and other applications.
2. The Service may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by ComicVid. ComicVid has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, ComicVid will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve ComicVid from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. Accordingly, we encourage you to be aware when you leave a ComicVid Service and to read the terms and conditions and other policies of each other website that you visit.
ComicVid User Accounts
1. In Order to gain access to the ComicVid app, you would have to create a ComicVid user account. You may never use another user account without permission. When creating your user account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify ComicVid immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
2. Although ComicVid will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of ComicVid or others due to such unauthorized use.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
1. You affirm that you are not a minor, you are of sufficient age to consent, and competent in your jurisdiction of domicile to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
2. In any case, you affirm that you are older than the age of majority in your jurisdiction, as the Service is not intended for minors. If you are a minor, then please do not use the Service.
General Use of the Service
ComicVid hereby grants you permission to access and use the Services as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You do not alter or modify any part of the Service.
2. If you use the Embed feature on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embed feature, including but not limited to links back to the ComicVid website.
3. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that attempts to forge the presence of a user accessing the site for the purpose of artificially increasing "pageviews," "subscribers," or "likes" or other elements that contribute to a series popularity or advancement within any programs that ComicVid offers to users.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ComicVid grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy Content from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the Content, but not caches or archives of such Content. ComicVid reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
5. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including user account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, posting) for any commercial solicitation purposes.
6. In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
7. ComicVid reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service or to terminate your user account at its sole discretion at any time.
Your Content and Conduct
1. As a ComicVid user account holder you may submit Content to certain ComicVid Services, including but not limited to comics, images, animated gifs, links and user comments. You understand and accept that ComicVid does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
2. You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content through the ComicVid Services.
3. You hereby affirm, represent, and warrant that you (1) own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit and publish through the Service; and (2) all such Content are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
4. You further agree that Content you submit to ComicVid will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the Content or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the Content and to grant ComicVid all of the license rights granted herein.
5. You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the ComicVid Content and Community Guidelines (see below), currently found here, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws, regulations and guidelines.
6. ComicVid does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and ComicVid expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. ComicVid does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and ComicVid will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. ComicVid reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
7. In addition, ComicVid reserves the right in its sole discretion to approve or reject any Content that is submitted through its Services for any reason whatsoever.
8. By sharing your Content with ComicVid, you agree that ComicVid is free to use the Content to create new works including but not limited to motion graphics, animated gifs and video animation (collectively, "Motion Videos").
1. ComicVid does not claim ownership rights of your Content. Your Content belongs to you and ComicVid does not restrict you from using your Content for any purpose unless stated in additional terms for other services, programs or offerings ComicVid may provide.
2. You hereby agree that any work undertaken by ComicVid on Content provided by you to create Motion Videos and any subsequent product or services of such effort ("ComicVid Content") shall solely be the intellectual property of ComicVid. ComicVid reserves all rights to pursue its own commercial objective with respect to ComicVid Content.
3. For the purpose of enabling ComicVid to make your Content available on our platforms and Services or other services whether currently existing or otherwise, you hereby grant ComicVid a perpetual non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to utilize Content that you publish through our platforms for our commercial purpose, including without limitation, digital publication on our website, through mobile devices, through digital sharing methods and for other means or purposes currently existing or otherwise.
4. If you agreed to participate in one or more of ComicVid's platforms or Services , you may (at ComicVid’s discretion) be compensated for Content published using one or more of our platforms or Services. ComicVid does not claim ownership right in your Content when you participate in our ComicVid Programs.
5. ComicVid will not sell or redistribute your Content to third party licensees unless you give us permission to do so. For avoidance of doubt, ComicVid shall reserve all its rights to sell or redistribute ComicVid Content at its discretion.
6. Advertisements on ComicVid’s platforms or Services from direct advertisers or third parties may be served with Content or ComicVid Content. In a case where ComicVid desires to pursue a commercial opportunity outside of ComicVid platforms or Services with your Content or ComicVic Content, including without limitation, merchandising, publication through non-ComicVid channels, making a movie or other licensing opportunities. you hereby agree to ComicVid’s fully unencumbered right to do so. A separate agreement with the third party may be executed and at ComicVid’s election you may receive further compensation. In such instance, you hereby agree to the terms negotiated by ComicVid (where applicable).
7. In order to promote, publicize, market and further the success of your Content and ComicVid as a whole, you hereby grant ComicVid a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, but not obligation, to utilize Content that you publish on ComicVid’s platforms or Services, and give to ComicVid your user persona including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, and biographical information for promotional purposes. Examples include, but are not limited to, sending samples of Content for use by the press, posting Content to social channels, or printing samples of Content for distribution at conventions
1. Ad Revenue Program
a. We may use direct advertisers or third-party advertising companies to serve ads when users visit our website. These companies may use information (except for your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
2. Virtual Currency and Purchases
a. While viewing content on one or more of ComicVid 's platforms or Services, you may have the opportunity to visit an in-app or online store. From there you may have the opportunity to use an online "currency" to license a variety of virtual goods such as episodes of a story. You may also be awarded virtual Coins or other currency to use for virtual "shopping." These currencies have no "real world" value, but may be exchanged by you for designated items. Certain items have an expiration date, while others have no expiration date. Each item that you obtain using virtual currency will be included in your account until the earlier of that item's expiration date, your account's expiration or termination date, or such date when the platform or Service is discontinued. REGARDLESS OF THE CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCY, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE ITEMS OBTAINED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY. ComicVid has no liability for loss of your items from your account, provided we will use reasonable efforts to replace such items under certain circumstances in our reasonable discretion. We have no obligation or responsibility to and will not reimburse you for any item or any experience lost due to your violations of this and any other rules, policies, notices and/or agreements. Price and availability of the items are subject to change without notice. You agree that you cannot and have no right to sell or otherwise transfer any of the items, virtual currency or any other content or information included in any ComicVid platform or Service, in whole or in part, to any third person or entity whatsoever in return for anything of value (including "real" money) or otherwise. You acknowledge that any virtual currency you receive on any of ComicVid's platforms or Services is not "real" currency or any type of real world financial instrument. Furthermore it is not redeemable for any sum of money from ComicVid at any time.
b. ComicVid thanks you for supporting our services. Without your purchases and participation ComicVid would not be able to provide you the services we have built and will be improving upon. That said, your purchases and trust are very important to us and we want your experience to be the best it can be.
c. In most instances ComicVid does not own the Content made available to our readers. That being the case there may be times when Content you have paid to be able to view is removed from our platform or Services by the content owners before you have had a chance to view it. If this happens, and if you have made a purchase to view content that is removed within 7 days of your purchase, please contact email@example.com with the subject CONTENT REMOVED BEFORE VIEWED and we will assist you.
1. You have the right to opt out of the Services at any time by removing your Content or by sending a written notification with the subject line "Termination of Content" to ComicVid via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Users or Content providers, who violate these Terms of Service, tamper with the operation of any program, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to ComicVid, the program or any other users (in each case as determined by ComicVid’s sole discretion) are subject to suspension or cancellation of their user account(s) along with their ability to submit requests for payment.
3. ComicVid will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
4. ComicVid reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, excessive length or for being contrary to any of the content and community guidelines. ComicVid may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account for submitting such material in violation of this clause.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a written notification with the subject line "Copyright Infringement" to ComicVid via email at email@example.com.
Warranties and Disclaimers
1. Other than as expressly set out in these terms or in additional terms, ComicVid will not make any specific promises about its platforms or Services. For example, ComicVid will not make any commitments about the Content within the service, the specific function of the platforms or Services or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs. ComicVid provides the Service AS IS.
2. Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
3. You hereby warrant that in uploading any Content to ComicVid’s platform or Services, you would ensure such Content are free of viruses, bugs, malicious codes or programs, unauthorized computer or human intervention or other causes beyond our control which could affect the operation, administration, security or handling of ComicVid platforms or Services or the experience of other users.
You release ComicVid and any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive (in respect of the Released Parties) any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any ComicVid platform or Service (including, without limitation, participation in the membership) or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any benefits (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
1. The Service will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Singapore. Users agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and by the decisions of ComicVid, which are final. ComicVid reserves the right to suspend or cancel user accounts and any benefits should viruses, bugs, malicious codes or programs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control affect the operation, administration, security or handling of the benefits or ComicVid otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the program as planned. In case of bankruptcy, ComicVid reserves the right to deny all benefits and obligations that it may have.
2. When permitted by law, ComicVid will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
3. To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of ComicVid, for any claim under these terms, including any implied warranties, is limited to the lower of the amount we paid you (or you paid us) to access the platform or Service (or, if we choose, to supply you the platform or Service again).
4. In all cases, ComicVid will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
5. In case of any conflict or inconsistency, further agreements (where applicable) between you and ComicVid supersede these Terms of Service.
6. For questions about these Terms of Service, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following outlines ComicVid's collection and use of personal information from its users. ComicVid values the privacy of our members and users, we will never share any personal information of anybody who logs on to ComicVid with anyone other than for a legitimate or legally required purpose. This may include your e-mail address, name, mobile details, location, credit card numbers, bank account information and other personally identifiable information. Upon logging on to ComicVid such things as your IP address and hostname may be logged for statistical and security reasons.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your system upon logging on to ComicVid (and most other websites). This file serves as your identification card and is uniquely yours, and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. Cookies tell us that you have returned to a specific web page on ComicVid and help us track your preferences and transactional habits. The basic function of cookies is to help our server remember who you are.
Collection, Use of and Disclosing Information
ComicVid may store and disclose personal information allowed or required by applicable law and regulation, in connection with performing our obligations under these Terms of Service or when deemed advisable by us. This means that we may make disclosures that are necessary to conform to legal and regulatory requirements or processes and to protect the rights, safety, and property of ComicVid, users of the ComicVid’s website, and the public. By creating a user account with us and clicking to accept our Terms of Service, you hereby consent to us collecting and using your personal information for the purposes as notified to you under these Terms of Service, including without limitation, verifying your identity, for the commercial purposes as stated under these Terms of Service, responding to, handling and processing queries, applications and feedback from you, manging your relation with us, processing payment or credit transactions, sending you marketing information regarding our platforms and Services, complying with applicable law or regulatory requirement or any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the foregoing. You may request to withdraw such consent or to make enquiries by emailing us at email@example.com., whereupon we may require reasonable time for your request to be processed; however please note that we may then not be in a position to continue providing the platform or Services to you and may terminate your user account. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable law or regulation.
If you wish to request access to your personal information we hold about you or make a correction or update your particulars, you may similarly submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.; a reasonable fee may be charged for such requests.
We may retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable law and regulation.
At ComicVid we make reasonable efforts to protect personal information such as passwords and use technology such as encryption, access control procedures, firewalls, and physical security. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We urge you to use a unique password with both letters and numbers to protect your account on ComicVid and its affiliated websites. If others, including family, friends or other household members access and use our platform or Service through your login credentials, you are responsible for the actions of that individual. In some cases your account maybe fully terminated at the discretion of ComicVid.
Third Party websites may collect information from users of ComicVid, this information will include your IP address, hostname, and information about your system to help us serve you better. These are purely used for statistical reasons, and will not be used in any way other then that.
Syncing of Data and Customising your Experience
Please note that Comic Vid may collect your mobile device information in order to perform synchronization of data after you have logged in. In addition, ComicVid may collect your location information in order to better recommend local content to you and customise your user experience.
Syncing of Data and Customising your Experience
1. Here are a few of our rules:
a. Respect copyright. Upload only things that you made or have permission to use. You remain responsible for all activities associated with your account, including any content you post. b. Give constructive criticism. Share your opinion in a constructive (rather than destructive) way, and remember to focus on the content rather than the person who created it. Feedback can be a valuable tool to make friends and help others improve. c. Do not harass. Be a friend. We will not tolerate participating in or encouraging abusive, derogatory, or threatening behavior within our platform or Services. Don't ask mobilise friends, subscribers or followers to harass or stalk someone on any online platforms including ComicVid or elsewhere. d. Protect all privacy. Don’t share someone's personal details without his or her permission, including real names, private conversations, photos, phone numbers, home or email addresses, or other sensitive information that may compromise their safety.
2. Here are some non-exhaustive examples of strictly prohibited content on our platforms and Services:
a. Dangerous content that may encourage harmful or illegal activities, or which causes others to commit acts of destruction, violence or self-injury. b. Hateful content that incites or encourages violence, hate, or discrimination against persons or groups based on their race, creed, cultural or ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. c. Malicious content which exposes users to harmful websites or software. You are responsible for security of outgoing links you post.
3. Limit self-promotion
a. ComicVid is a place where creators may connect directly with readers, as well as like-minded artists and authors. Promoting your work is important; however, when it comes to building a loyal following, meaningful interactions between creators and fans can be more effective than outright solicitation or spam.
b. Please do not post identical or similar comments, private messages, wall posts, or forum posts asking people to view your content, subscribe, or to donate money. The best promotions and requests are relevant and valuable, not those which are deemed annoying or desperate.
4. Don't spam
ComicVid does not condone or encourage spam. While we endeavour to keep spam on ComicVid to a minimum, but we also have policies in place that prohibit spammy activity and the use of related services.
5. Other prohibited acts
The following acts are not allowed on ComicVid:
a. Sending or posting unsolicited or unwanted content or links
b. Using misleading titles, descriptions, tags, or thumbnails Creating profiles primarily to drive traffic to external websites, via messages, comments, profile and series descriptions, or artwork
c. Creating, using, or promoting bots or other automated means to increase view counts or perform social interactions
d. Creating multiple accounts with the intention of inflating the popularity of other profiles
6. Announcements, advertisements, and other content
a. Episodes. Episodes of a series should be episodes. They should generally be instalments of a serialized story, or standalone, one-shot comics or books. Series and episodes are not intended to be announcements, advertisements, or other non-story content.
b. Announcements. The use of episodes to post non-diegetic announcements is strictly prohibited. Creators are encouraged to utilize profile pages and wall posts to notify subscribers of announcements pertaining to series information and creators’ updates.
c. Advertisements. Any attempt to place an advertisement, redirect traffic from ComicVid to third-party websites, and/or harm the user experience of our community (as determined at our sole discretion) is prohibited. We allow links to personal websites in Series and Profile descriptions, as well as social media links. We also allow third-party website links in episode descriptions and posts, so long as they provide a relevant, complementary experience for your readers and the ComicVid community
7. Reporting and enforcement
a. You might not like everything you see on ComicVid, and may come across content you find offensive or disagree with. Please try to ignore it, and avoid those who share it. However, if you encounter content that you think crosses the line or breaches our guidelines, flag it for our review by writing into email@example.com..
b. If there's a problem with a user’s behavior, or if another person is impersonating you or infringing on your copyright, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
c. Your report will be reviewed by ComicVid staff, and access to flagged content may be restricted during that time. We'll evaluate whether it violates our guidelines, or if it is otherwise inappropriate.
d. If we determine there's a legitimate problem, we'll notify the owner of the account and let him or her know what further action should be taken. In some cases, content may be removed or accounts suspended without warning, but in most cases, we will try to give the errant party a warning and an opportunity to fix the issue before taking other measures.
e. Please keep in mind that something you may find unacceptable may not be unacceptable to everyone, nor a violation of our guidelines or terms. We will try to maintain a fair and open-minded approach, and reporting content may not always result in it being changed or removed
We’re always open to suggestions to help improve our guidelines, so feel free to let us know what you think. Our policies are subject to revision and expansion in order to guide our platform in the best possible way, but this page will always host the most current set of policies.
All of our policy regulation is open to review. Suspensions of content and or account access may be contested by contacting us through our email, email@example.com..